Our FacilitiesMERIP is located on the shores of Madolenihm bay on the remote Southern part of Pohnpei. Although it is some 30 km from the capital Kolonia it is easily reached via a paved road. The facilities consist of a large main building with ample laboratory, teaching and office space for visiting scientists.
Features of the station:
- Ample wet and dry laboratory space
- Laboratory and classroom space for up to 20 people
- Air-conditioned office space
- DSL internet access
- A four-room dormitory, each with bathroom and a single separate kitchen
- Flowing, filtered seawater and freshwater
- Six large raceways for housing specimens and grow-out of corals and giant clams
- Numerous smaller specimen tanks and aquaria
Other equipment includes:
- A large compressor for filling SCUBA cylinders
- Two boats that are capable of reaching most parts of the lagoon within an hour
- A knowledgeable and experienced technical staff
Please contact us if you would like to know more or obtain our fee schedule for use of the MERIP facilities.